Back on solid ground now with Blackadder II. I’m sure everyone who might read this knows all about Blackadder II. The episodes on this tape are Bells, Head, Potato, Money, Beer and Chains. So much to love about this, from Rik Mayall’s Lord Flashheart, Tom Baker’s useless sea captain, Miriam Margoyles as Lady Whiteadder and Ronald Lacey as the baby-eating Bishop of Bath and Wells. Sublime.
The last episode is followed by a trailer for Lovejoy, but then recording stops, only to resume with an episode of Question Time, leading off with a question on the right of under 16s to have confidentiality when talking to their GP about contraceptive advice.
The tape runs out shortly into this edition.
BBC Genome for these episodes:
- Bells – BBC One London, 9 January 1986 21.30
- Head – BBC One London, 16 January 1986 21.30
- Potato – BBC One London, 23 January 1986 21.30
- Money – BBC One London, 6 February 1986 21.30
- Beer – BBC One London, 13 February 1986 21.30
- Chains – BBC One London, 20 February 1986 21.30